Thursday, March 31, 2011

#FINAL 2: Building Basics in Rocket World

Patrick and I were the ones who led that class and described the process needed to create an astronaut/rocket to everyone else. As such, the screenshots for my astronaut are from the Sunday class. I did however build a rocket from scratch.


I took one screenshot of someone I pasted onto the WhiteBoard to help the class out with the instructions given from the other class.

For the overview and NASA flash video, visit the other blog post from Sunday's class: [1]

Spacesuit is also from the Sunday class
  Making the general structure of the spacesuit
Boots: Half-Sphere and a Cylinder (half underground), both rotated
Legs: Cylinders
Body: Cylinder, stretched
Arms: Cylinders rotated

 Hands: Spheres (half inside)
Equipment: One front pack, 2 in the back
Helmet/Neck: Half-Cylinder and a Sphere

There are views of the finished product. Used the snow texture for the main body, a plain untextured gray for the gloves and boots. Steel texture for the equipment. The face of the helmet is a pressed half-sphere untextured brown.

 View 1 [1]

 View 2 [1]

View 3 [1] 

View 4 [1]

CREATING THE ROCKET ~NEW TO THIS CLASS~
 Model picture that was used for the rocket, no fuel tanks [2]

 A Cylinder for the body of the rocket [2]
 Three thrusters on the bottom, all elongated cones [2]

Wings made from compressed/stretched cones [2]

 And the nose made from another cone [2]

View 1 [2] 

 View 2 [2]
 View 3 [2]

View from the top [2]

Deleting the rocket [4]

This was Patrick and I instructing the class the Thursday class on what we did earlier in the Sunday class, namely reading and watching the NASA flash site overview and using that data to create our own Apollo spaceuit and rocket.

It is a Final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment